Please bring the following documents with you to your first appointment at The Ballard Law Group.
- Valid driver’s license or state identification card.
- Social security card or proof of social security number such as a Medicare or Medicaid card.
- Copies of your tax returns for the last two years.
- Paystubs for the last sixty days. If you are self-employed, instead of paystubs you’ll need to bring a profit and loss statement for the last sixty days and six months of bank statements.
- Once you have retained The Ballard Law Group we will pull a credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies, but if you want to check your credit report before your first appointment you can obtain a free copy from the Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.ftc.gov. However, be aware that certain types of debt such as medical bills, recent evictions, taxes, etc., are not always listed on a credit report, so it is important that you bring a list of your unlisted debts with you and any lawsuits or judgments you may have recently received.
- If you have a car loan, proof of insurance on your car.
If you don’t have all of these documents or if you have questions about what to bring, please call (404) 800-9939 and our staff will be happy to assist you.